Waltham, MA., May 22, 2012 – DI-Guy, the world’s leading supplier of software tools for realtime human simulation, announced today that Version 12 is released and shipping. DI-Guy 12 is an integrated suite of real-time human simulation products and tools that includes DI-Guy SDK, DI-Guy Scenario, and DI-Guy AI.
Version 12 highlights include:
- Next generation character visualization and models including normal maps for enhanced high performance visual realism, reference shaders and infrastructure to support end application lighting and sensor environments, and multi-layer textures enabling customizable and extensible materials.
- Multi-threaded and multi-core processing for high performance visualization and AI path planning performance.
- Upgrade of DI-Guy Expressive Faces to the industry leading, FaceFX advanced facial animation solution. The FaceFX Studio Professional tool provides unprecedented facial authoring capabilities, including lip synching, gestures, and emotions that enable easy creation of realistic, animated dialogues.
“DI-Guy Version 12 addresses the realtime human character performance and visualization requirements identified by our customers,” says Marc Schlackman, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Our next generation soldier model has the detail look of a million polygons, while retaining high performance. DI-Guy combines these models with an extensive API, a deep set of behaviors and a powerful motion engine that provides our customers with the most robust and flexible human character solution in the industry.”
“We’re focused on making the out-of-the-box DI-Guy experience easy and powerful,” adds Product Manager Bill Blank. “For customers looking for human visuals, that means sophisticated high end graphics and advanced shading coupled with our large library of realistic character models and motions. For customers looking for constructive solutions, we offer a range of authoring techniques from straight-forward pathing through highly intelligent autonomous agents and crowds. Users can author these scenarios directly in their applications, off-line, in code, or via our DIS/HLA Lifeform Server.”
DI-Guy’s commercial software product offerings include:
- DI-Guy SDK – Software library and API of human characters, motions and high-level behaviors,
- DI-Guy Scenario – 3D visual application for easily creating human-based scenarios,
- DI-Guy AI – Human AI focused on quickly generating hundreds or thousands of autonomous, terrain-aware human characters,
DI-Guy is the leading software developer of realtime human visualization, simulation and artificial intelligence. Every DI-Guy software offering comes with thousands of ready-to-use
characters, appearances and motions. DI-Guy enables the easy creation of crowds and individuals who are terrain-aware, autonomous and react intelligently to ongoing events. The
DI-Guy product line is used by all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and by leading organizations worldwide, including Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Boeing, BAE, RUAG and others. Please visit www.diguy.com for more information.