Full-time senior software engineer with experience developing desktop applications and programming libraries in C++ for Windows and Linux.
- Specify, design and develop applications and libraries for hardware interface, simulation, and data analysis products.
- Maintain, refactor, and extend existing mature code base while minimizing disruption to existing installed customer base.
- Work on more than one project simultaneously.
- Create and maintain documentation of applications and programming libraries.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other software engineers.
- Work directly with customers and clients to gather and refine software requirements.
- Occasional domestic and Canadian travel.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or better) in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, physics or similar fields.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in C++ development using Microsoft Visual Studio (2005 or more recent) and/or gcc (3.4 or more recent).
- Must have at least 3 years of recent experience in 3D graphics programming (e.g., OSG, OpenGL, Direct3D/DirectX, etc.).
- Must have experience with revision control/content management systems (e.g., CVS, subversion, Perforce, git, etc.).
- Must be conversant in modern software development skills and terminology (e.g., design patterns, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.).
- Must have been significantly involved in the development of at least two successfully-completed commercial or open-source products.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with driving simulators desired.
- Familiarity with embedded software development and/or RTOSs desired.
- Familiarity with HIL/hardware control systems desired.
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or Simulink a plus.
- U.S. citizenship desired.
Realtime Technologies, Inc. (RTI) is a leader in the real-time simulation industry. For several years RTI has been delivering visualization systems, driving simulators, vehicle dynamics, audio subsystems, motion drive algorithms, and control loading feedback solutions to the commercial simulation and gaming communities. Visit us on the web at www.simcreator.com.
Please email a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.